Winter Skincare with Ella Bardo and The Imperial Spa
December 16, 2020
Ella Bardo and The Imperial Spa is a unique duo that together creates a holistic wellness facility. Nestled on the lower level of Carmel City Center, they have created a one-stop-shop for professional care. Ella Bardo and The Imperial Spa have all you need, whether it is a massage, a facial, or even a more advanced treatment.
In a sit-down with Ella Bardo and other estheticians at The Imperial Spa, we got the inside scoop on how to care for our skin during the cold, dry winter. We also discussed potential remedies for mask-induced acne (maskne).
- The surface of the skin should be exfoliated regularly in order to avoid dry, flaky skin during dry months.
- Proper moisturization should be included in your daily regimen to combat winter dryness.
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids this winter. Hydration is critical to maintain healthy skin.
- Skin-damage from UV rays tends to become an afterthought during winter months. However, SPF should be applied daily by individuals prone to sun damage, even during the winter.
5. Book A Facial with a Peel
- Peels are the best exfoliators, they go deeper than any other exfoliator, gently lifting the dead skin cells off your face. Peels help with so much more than eliminating dead skin and will leave you glowing and refreshed.
Q-What do you recommend for those who struggle with dry skin during the winter?
A-Grapeseed oil is a natural antimicrobial product on the shelves at most pharmacies. The oil contains smaller molecules than coconut oil allowing better absorption into the skin without a greasy appearance.
Ella Bardo Black Label products are also available for professional care. All products are made with premium ingredients to support healthy skin. Stop in for a premium serum from one of our product lines available for purchase, to use at home.
Q-What are the most effective treatments you recommend for people new to advanced skincare this season?
A-The Snowflake Shuffle is our recommended introductory package this season. The package includes a 30-minute body scrub, paraffin treatment for hands, a 60-minute organic facial, with a peel and enhancer selected for your skin needs, and a lip scrub and lip mask. This package is a $220 value but can now be purchased for $175.
Q-Many are currently struggling with “maskne” or mask-induced acne. What can be added to their daily regimen to combat “maskne”?
A-Clay mask spot treatments will help target impurities where they become visible. Spot treatments provide focused care to specific problem areas. Wash your mask weekly, at minimum. Double cleanser with your facial cleanser, if you wear your mask with make-up, and/or sweating in the mask.
Visit Ella Bardo and The Imperial Spa Today!
Hours: M-Sat: 10am-6pm By Appt Only
762 S Rangeline Rd, Carmel, IN