Why Cyclists Should Do Indoor Cycling
December 10, 2019
This winter, don’t put your training aside only to start all over again once warm weather returns. Carmel City Center’s InCycle has the Top 6 Reasons Why Cyclists Should Do Indoor Cycling!
- SAFETY: Indoor cycling is safer than being on the road and as the weather gets colder a lot more comfortable too! Indoor cycling offers the perfect cross training solution with all the training benefits of road cycling without the risk of crash injuries. And, with InCycle’s new Schwin SC5 bikes and consoles with power (wattage), outdoor cyclists can track their training progress.
- CLIMBING: There is no greater confidence in muscle endurance strength building than good climbing and there’s no better place to focus on this full rotation and pull up of the foot pedal on the upstroke than on indoor cycling bikes. Let’s face it friends – we live in a relatively flat city, so simulating hills on an indoor cycling bike is key!
- SPEEDWORK: The indoor cycling bike’s weighted flywheel will push any rider’s cadence higher and create huge gains in explosive power and rapid turnover. A rider can easily blast their cadence up around 120-130 rpms which blows away the 110 rpm most cyclists can manage outdoors.
- EXTREME CALORIE BURN: Indoor cycling can manage to burn about 500-700 calories during the average 60-minute class and the distance covered is about 15-20 miles on average. The main difference between indoor cycling bikes and a stationary bike is that indoor cycling bikes operate on a flywheel mechanism that doesn’t allow you to coast, so as long as the wheels are moving, you continue to pedal and burn!
- MUSIC: Indoor cycling is set to motivating, inspirational and fun music. Music can provide an amazing beat to follow in class as the instructor guides you. An hour class will fly by as you ride to the upbeat music and follow the beats as you pedal. Before you know it you will have finished a heart pounding calorie-burning workout that is also the best cardio workout ever!
- A CYCLING HIGH: We have all heard of the “runner’s high” – that rush of feel-good chemicals called endorphins, that occurs after a run. Indoor cyclists get it as well! You can experience a “high” after an indoor cycling class with an incredible endorphin rush which sets you in a great mood for the rest of the day! The rush of endorphins leads to mental benefits such as improved sleep, increased relaxation and reduced stress.
Click here to check out the InCycle schedule and schedule a class with us. If you’re new to InCycle, take advantage of our New Student Introductory Offer and enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited cycling for $35!
Cathy Miller – owner, InCycle