Shop and earn free tickets to see the Orchestral Showcase with the Carmel Symphony Orchestra at the Palladium on Saturday, October 13 at 7:30 p.m.
The 43rd season of the Carmel Symphony Orchestra begins with a few of Music Director Janna Hymes’ favorite orchestral works.
- The orchestra takes center stage for an evening of music designed for them to shine.
- Wagner’s Die Meistersinger opera revolves around a singing contest and reveals the composer’s bright, joyful, and humorous side. The orchestral prelude anticipates the opera’s main melodies and ingeniously combines them all in a final section where they can all be heard simultaneously.
- The graceful Pavane has been called one of the most relaxing pieces of music and was originally written for piano based on a traditional Spanish court dance.
- Composer George Enescu was a child prodigy and began to compose at the age of 5. Did someone say overachiever? His first Romanian Rhapsody was so popular that it was repeated by request just two weeks after its original debut. The piece begins with one of the first folksongs Enescu learned as a 4-year-old, “Am un leu” (“I have a coin and I want a drink”).
- After Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony premiered, he wrote, “I have come to the conclusion that it is a failure”. Despite his self-doubt, the symphony has become one of the composer’s most popular works and is well crafted and colorfully orchestrated with a memorable melody for solo horn in the second movement.
From October 5 through October 12, shop for CSO tickets at Bath Junkie and Addendum. Spend $50 or more and receive two ticket vouchers to the performance.
Dine at Books & Brews, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Matt the Miller’s Tavern,or divvy at Carmel City Center before the show and then grab a sweet treat from Graeter’s Ice Cream afterwards and make it a date!
For more details on the performances visit The Center for the Performing Arts and Carmel Symphony Orchestra.
*Vouchers are subject to availability and recipients must redeem by calling the ticket office at (317) 843-3800 to schedule the desired date/concert time. Must present voucher in person. Seating is at the discretion of ticket office staff. Voucher is non-transferable. Tickets redeemed from vouchers are non-exchangeable.