Money Matters with United Fidelity Bank
June 15, 2020
Money Matters presented by United Fidelity Bank
Health Advice And Banking Tools To Help During The Coronavirus Pandemic
The worldwide spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus has prompted health officials to strongly advise us all to minimize our exposure to possible infection.
These advisories range from avoiding large gatherings to simple steps we can take to protect ourselves and others on a daily basis, such as how we go about our normal activities and how we meet our financial needs.
Important general health steps from the Centers for Disease Control include:
- Avoid public areas and large gatherings.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- Stay at home if you are ill and call your medical provider for advice about testing or treatment.
When it comes to meeting many of your money needs, your financial institution offers a variety of digital services through online and mobile banking. These steps can reduce your visits to a branch and the need to handle money or checks when out of your home.
Online, mobile and other banking services include:
- Online banking to manage your accounts, transfer funds, monitor transactions and more.
- A free mobile banking app that can be downloaded for use on your smartphone or tablet.
- Mobile deposit from the app so you can deposit paper checks from anywhere at any time.
- Paying bills with online bill pay.
- Using person-to-person services such as Zelle to send money to family or friends.
- Using your debit or credit card for payments instead of cash.
- ATMs so you can get cash if necessary and to complete other banking needs.
- Using a drive-thru at branches to promote social distancing.
- Merchant Source Capture for depositing business checks from your office.
For other banking needs or questions about services and steps being taken to protect you, visit your financial institution’s website or call their customer service number.
The steps you take to protect yourself and others both at home and in public can minimize your exposure to COVID-19.
United Fidelity Bank
Visit the Carmel branch at Carmel City Center for all your banking needs. Located at 715 Hanover Place, Carmel, IN 46032. 317-993-3644.