Everyday Tips for Saving Money
October 11, 2019
Money Matters presented by United Fidelity Bank
Everyday Tips For Saving Money
Saving money can be hard, but there are simple ways to cut back on everyday spending that can start adding up at the end of each month.
Begin your quest by making a list of things you spend money on – such as groceries, entertainment and utilities. Now use that as your guide for trying to cut back a little – because even small things can make a big difference.
Here are some suggestions:
- Turn your thermostat up a bit in the summer or down in the winter.
- Turn off lights and appliances when you leave home or aren’t in a room.
- Look for things that are on sale at the grocery store. And use coupons or buy store brands to reduce costs.
- No matter where you go, stick to your shopping list to avoid impulse buys.
- Consider cutting back on the number of times you eat out, or order water with your meal instead of a cocktail or two.
- You probably don’t need to buy a $3 cup of coffee every day.
- Ask yourself if you really need to pay more than $100 a month or more for TV.
- Buy used – such as cars or clothing – when possible.
- If you need to buy new, shop sales and don’t pay full price.
- If you buy a car, choose one without a ton of costly options and that is fuel-efficient.
- Find free things to do – whether it’s a concert or a day at a museum. Having fun doesn’t have to cost money.
Make it challenging by putting your newfound savings into an account where you can earn interest, and try not to touch it until you reach your savings goal.
And on occasion, once you get to where your savings are starting to make a noticeable difference, give yourself a treat, such as a night out.
You’ll deserve it for making saving a part of your daily routine!
Visit the Carmel branch at Carmel City Center for all your banking needs. Located at 715 Hanover Place, Carmel, IN 46032. 317-993-3644.